Unique events are our speciality
Out of the ordinary ideas… ‘Is this even possible’… ‘How did they do that?’…
We love these unusual projects. Coming up with safe, creative and clever ways to create unique and memorable experiences for audiences is our stock in trade.
Maybe you want to do…
- Fashion shows in a multi storey car park?
- Live music on a sailboat?
- Giant projections in a disused nightclub?
- 360 degree soundscapes in an old reservoir?
- A unique experiential event to promote your brand?
- Public engagement or a product launch with a difference?
Just send us your ideas and we’ll make it happen.
How can we help?
We have extensive experience of working in difficult environments, finding solutions to challenges and tailoring technical solutions to the unique needs and visions of our clients.
Our team will work with you to break down your project into manageable steps. We’ll source solutions to unique problems and work with you every step of the way to make sure the event is safe, budgets are managed and your goals are met.
‘We’d like to do our end of year fashion show in a multi-storey car park’
The first order of business here was to establish the core elements of a standard fashion show with our client. Once these were known, we began work to see how these elements could be transposed into a car park!
- A creative lighting solution to light the models down the length of the runway
- Projection of collection names onto the structure of the car park. This allowed the audience to see who was presenting what, while adding to the urban environment feeling.
- A zonal PA system so that background music and announcements followed the models around the space.
- Minimal impact on the levels of the car park that were still operational through the build, event and pack up.
‘The Atlantic Project wish to increase people’s awareness of the disused spaces around Plymouth’
During the Atlantic Project Festival in Plymouth, JHAV worked with The Media Workshop to plan, install and manage the installation of a large scale multimedia project by Japanese artist Ryoji Ikeda.
The Millennium Building’s disused main hall played host to this installation. The centrepiece of the project was a 15m by 8m custom projection screen with freestanding scaffolding support structure, custom truss surround and bracing. We installed a d&b loudspeaker speaker system linked to the projector control software for a fully timecoded show on loop for 6 weeks. This audio system was carefully designed to focus audio into the audience area and not the (extremely resonant) structure of the building itself.
Working with TMW, we planned the installation of the screen and structure, audio playback system, the double stack of 40K HD Laser projectors, working around the health and safety challenges of a derelict building which was also an active building site.
Illuminate Festival of Light
Illuminate takes place principally in Royal William Yard, Plymouth, with other locations around the city every year. We’ve been involved with Illuminate since its conception, working hand-in-glove with the project team. We’re involved with developing the initial installation concepts, through to delivering all aspects of the event itself. In 2019, Illuminate attracted more than 40,000 people over 5 days across its three sites.
Our involvement in Illuminate is enormous;
- Event Management
- Production Management
- Technical Staff and Site Crew
- Equipment hire including sound, lighting, rigging, staging and projection
- Liaison with artists to meet their specific technical requirements
- Management of third party services such as security, toilets, first aid, etc
- Site planning and management
- Health and Safety planning and evaluation
- Work experience opportunities to local college students